Allen and I bought a new car yesterday! I can't believe it. I've driven my Honda Civic for 12 years. It has 198,000 miles and a LOT of memories. We didn't trade it in b/c the title was salvaged after our apartment fire melted the front of my car and I couldn't bear the thought of giving my beloved car to a corporation to make money off of! So we are going to donate it to the TX Can Academy and hopefully either the car or money from the parts will go to help someone in need. Once I start cleaning my car and getting it ready to give away, I'm really going to cry!! Like I said there are lots of memories involved with my car :( I can't list them all b/c some of them aren't "blog appropriate"...but here are a few of the ones that popped into my head.
-Roadtrips to Austin from Baylor with my girls.
-Getting lost going to MX and ending up in Louisiana
-Driving around Oahu, playing tour guide and seeing all the beautiful scenery Hawaii had to offer
-Running from...i mean....getting pulled over by the cops
-LOTS of speeding tickets
-Going to the park with Amanda on my wedding day
-Cruising around the stockyards with my friends
-Bringing Tankie home 7 years ago
-Lots of makeout sessions with Allen
-Camping
-"Borrowing" Christmas trees from our freshman dorm hall
-Spring break in Padre...Amanda, no-doze and baby palm trees ;)
-Driving 100 mile per hour from the Hilton where I worked to pick up my stranded sister at the HS only to find Allen there waiting to propose to me.
But I am excited to have a new car!!! We purchased a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander. It's pretty slow compared to Allen's Xterra but, like he said, with Baby Kai I don't need to be driving too fast anyway. (BORING)
We also purchased a new washing machine. Mine was so old and was giving out. We bought the old washer and dryer off Craigs List for $50. I think our washer was about 20 years old. Last week the water was filling so slowly I actually used pitchers to fill it up myself. That was the turning point and I knew I just had to give in and buy a new one.
We also bought 2 new phones with INTERNET. We now have 214 #s instead of Hawaii 808. Oh yeah-The Kue's are now in the 21st century.
Kai is going crazy all the time and his movements are really looking weird. It looks like there is an alien inside me. It's so crazy. I've plateaued at my 20 lb weight gain. I know everyone is different and I just hope I'm putting enough weight on so my baby is nice and fat when he comes into the world. I think I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions....not sure if you can get them this early. They are not comfortable and I can't even imagine how bad the real ones are going to be. But I'll try not to think about that for now :)
Here are the BEFORE baby room pictures. We have to scrape popcorn, replace the fan and knobs, clean the walls, tape, primer and then paint. Then I plan to have the carpets cleaned so I can start getting his furniture in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment