Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dr Appointment

Went to the Dr today and everything looks good for me and Kai. His heartbeat is 150 and his head is down. I go back next week for another checkup and then the week after that he's going to check for dilation and effacement. I have 8 days left of work and then I get to take my vacation days! I'm really excited to have a little time off before BK comes.

The Rangers play their 1st game of the World Series tonight! I think it would be really cool if Kai came on the day the Rangers won the World Series! :) I'm excited to watch the game tonight and really excited that this is getting Allen into watching baseball with me!! Kai has been kicking me a lot....I think it's because he likes watching baseball with us.

I hope he comes soon b/c I really hate waiting. I have dreams of him every night....in the little sleep I am getting. I am only sleeping MAYBE 2 hours at a time....I hear people say that after the baby it's worse, but at least I'll be off work then. By the end of the week, I am totally worn out from lack of sleep. I have to get up to pee every hour or so, I have heartburn, Kai kicks me and I'm really uncomfortable! I can't imagine it getting worse when he is here....BUT then again I have never had a baby, so I could be in for a big surprise!!

I'm trying to walk a lot b/c people say it helps with labor. Walking is so freaking boring though!! It's so weird how this past 9 months has been both the most boring and the most exciting time of my life. I'm definitely the healthiest I've ever been, with not drinking and partying! :) Hopefully by New Year's I'll be able to have a few drinks with Allen!

2 comments:

  1. In hindsight I was so grateful to my body for not letting me sleep much in the last trimester. Sounds crazy, but it got me ready for waking up throughout the night. I know you're getting all kinds of unsolicited advice. . . can I give you one more? Go on a date with your husband! Soak in time with him as much as you can before Kai is born. You'll be glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your advice! Please send me all the tips you can :) I am going to suggest date night to Allen right now.....

    ReplyDelete