Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A little sleeping, a little yelling and some good times

We are 9 weeks along now! I've been a little nauseous (but haven't barfed..yet) and VERY tired! I hope the tiredness goes away in the 2nd trimester like the Dr says. Here is what I've been doing lately...pretty exciting huh?




I go to the Dr again on May 10th. Seems like so far away!! I really don't know how I'm going to stand waiting another 7 months to meet BK!!
Allen got free tix to 6 flags from his work and although I didn't get to ride anything, Allen did win me some stuffed animals and I got to enjoy and entire turkey leg and funnel cake all by myself. Pretty good, huh? (And yes..that is powder sugar on my leg...the funnel cake made me so excited I couldn't keep all the sugar on my plate)



We also went to the Dallas Zoo for the 1st time. Not as nice as FW Zoo, but still pretty good. They are doing a lot of renovations, so hopefully we can go back later this summer and see the new exhibits! Here is one of the gorillas...I have never been so close to a gorilla before. He looks totally chill!



OK on to the baby news! We decided on a girl name!

Sonora Kay Kue


We decided on it after I made Allen to watch a movie with me called Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. I loved that movie when I was little and if you haven't watched it you should rent it and watch it with your kids. It's such a cute movie! Anyway, the little girl in that movie is named Sonora. She's very..um...determined (aka stubborn) and willful and Allen said she reminded him of me. We both thought the name was really pretty and unique and we thought she could be called Sunnie for short. We both immediately liked it and it has stuck..for now. As far as boy names go we can't decide on ANYTHING! We still have a lot of time left (boo) so we'll just stick with BK for now.


And we are going to do the nursery in an animal theme. We really want our kids to love animals like we do and since the theme is unisex, we can start decorating early. Yes Mom...you can go ahead and start buying baby stuff :)


Here I am at 8 weeks. Keep in mind this is AFTER the turkey leg and funnel cake, so I think the belly is fat, not baby. Before this pic was taken I yelled at Allen a few times and wanted to flip off the camera.

PS-Allen has been an amazing husband through this crazy ride so far. I've been yelling and having caffeine withdrawals and not doing as much cooking or cleaning and he's really been doing a lot to help out. I'm so happy and blessed to have him as a husband. I love you baby! You are going to be such a good Daddy! XOXOXO






































1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken! That's the first thing I thought of whenever I saw Sonora. Great movie and great name!

    ReplyDelete